Hydrogen Generation (Electrolyser)
One of the key components for the Hydrogen Economy is the inexpensive and convenient generation of hydrogen. Sefca supplies Acta hydrogen electrolysers of varying capacities, ranging from 100 litres/hr to 1,000 litres/hr.
The electrolysers do not have any onerous technical demands:
- Demineralised water (filtered rain water can be used)
- AC or DC power supply. Ideally suited to the varying output power of renewables (wind and solar)
- No need for an external compressor – hydrogen is supplied at 30 bar native pressure
- No need for a hydrogen drier - the hydrogen produced is 99.95% pure with negligible water content and is suitable for direct use with hydrogen Fuel Cells.
Models are available for rack-mountable applications, in standard 19" racks, or as compact, table-top electrolysers for easy on-site hydrogen production.
Acta's electrolysers can be remotely controlled, and can run in complete autonomy, with maximum safety, simply by connecting an external water tank (optional). The systems can be fed by rainwater and powered from the grid, bad grid or from renewables.
Acta's electrolytic process is based on an Alkaline Solid Polymeric Membrane, which combines the benefits of PEM electrolysis (functioning with 0%-100% power supply available, no hydrogen compression required, small footprint, no use of KOH), with the benefits of the alkaline electrolysis (no need of noble metals, no need of ultrapure water, low system cost). Furthermore, Acta's electrolysers are easy to install, use and to integrate with other appliances, such as fuel cells.
- Web server interface, remote monitoring on VPN server, remote firmware update, GSM remote manager
- External water tank
- Hydrogen tank
- Rain water purification module
- Rack cabinet indoor /outdoor
- Dryer (if greater the 99.95% purity is required)